>Why ever would I buy such an expensive camera, good lenses, a computer
>and printer, invest the time and effort to become a better photographer,
>then shoot at anything less than the highest resolution? It feels like
>using cheap film. If not RAW, I would be shooting TIFF, which produces
>even larger files.

Joe, if I may....

Because if one is printing out using a current top of the line inkjet
printer, there is no way that the difference in resolution between RAW
and jpeg can be discerned. As has been pointed out to me, RAW gives
better post-production possibilities. Not a good enough reason for me to
shoot RAW. More care at the taking stage means no problems later.

.02,

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__