Antecedent thread:

> I suspect this is repeating the obvious, however, I must ask: Have you
> considered one of those small, portable storage banks into which you can
> download your card?
>
> Shel Belinkoff
>
> Hi, Shel. Yes, and I may eventually get one. They too are pricey, though,
especially for the ones that have a built-in viewing screen.

> Joe

Is that really necessary for storage?  It seems like overkill for what is
essentially a transfer point for a bunch of bits ;-))

Shel Belinkoff

I would worry a great deal about deleting precious images from the cf card until I see
that they have been transferred safely. To me that involves seeing the image, not just
counting files. Yes, I'm probably overly nervous about it, but that's how it is. I'm
not alone. That's why vendors offer the ones with screens.

Joe