On 12 May 2004 at 18:30, jtainter wrote:

> I would worry a great deal about deleting precious images from the cf card until
> I see that they have been transferred safely. To me that involves seeing the
> image, not just counting files. Yes, I'm probably overly nervous about it, but
> that's how it is. I'm not alone. That's why vendors offer the ones with screens.

I flogged the crap out of my X-Drive after I slapped it together (that roughly
translates to: I tested it thoroughly with all manner of connections and
storage cards after assembled and I commissioned it).

I trust it as much as I trust my camera and the digital media, if you are were
at all serious then you'd end up writing each session to a CD (or two) which
has been verified. Nothings going to stop a drive from failing whether you
checked the images on a screen or not.

The way the X-Drive works is that it creates a new subdirectory for each media
copy so if you need some consolation then copy the card twice?

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998