Here's a couple of other Pentaxes:

KX/KM - Better than the K1000, and often cheaper or the same price.
ME Super - Probably one of the cheapest Pentaxes on the used market.
P3 series - Inexpensive, but no DX override

Also, Ricoh, Cosina, Chinion, and Sears have K-mount bodies that are pretty
inexpensive.  A good one that I have is the Ricoh XR-7/XR-S/Sears KS-2 -
you can usually find one for less that $100.

BTW, where are you getting FM2's for <$200?

Todd