Jeff,

I did a lot of research into full-featured bounce/swivel dedicated flash
for my Super Program. I ended up with Ritz Camera's best and I couldn't be
happier. I forget the specs, but the guide number is something like 112
feet; you can zoom the head between 35 and 85mm focal lengths, and add a
temporary 28mm diffuser; and you can select bounce only or bounce +
supplementary front flash. You can set the ISO between 25 and 1600 in 1/3
stops.

The Ritz is basically a rebranded version of the top of the line of one of
the other main flash makers, whose name escapes me. It costs less than
$100. And because it uses a dedicated module, you can move it onto
different cameras, such as a Pentax AF SLR.

As I recall, there was a slight aesthetic difference between the Ritz and
its twin. One had clearer markings, the other was a bit prettier. But I
forget which is which.

The top-end Ritz is heavy; you might want to opt for a less powerful, but
equally full-featured (I think) sibling.

Jeff Tokayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Just picked up a mint Super Program, for less than the K-1000.
It has a nice feel to it and it balances very nicely with the A 50/1.4 and
the SP 90/2.5 Tamron. Just wish I had kept the 280T flash.

Jeff
-

Paul Franklin Stregevsky
[EMAIL PROTECTED]