This thread makes me think back to the attitudes of my Finnish relatives, on my mothers side, who mostly moved over here to the US prior to WWI. However, I will not quote them in interests of international harmony. Suffice it to say they did not consider themselves scandinavians.

--

Norm Baugher wrote:

Not according to my old Risk game board....
Norm

Henri Toivonen wrote:

Keith Whaley wrote:

Please excuse my ignorance, but where do the Finns fit in?

Because Scandinavia are the countries which have a part of the Scandic mountains. Finland do not. They are not a part of Scandinavia, but they are a part of the Nordic countries.

Scandinavia is Sweden, Norway and Denmark.

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com/graywolf.html