Bucky wrote:

"I resolved to give them enlargements as a wedding gift, and made an album
of
4x6 proofs for them to look over, not telling them that any they chose would
be presents (partly as a test, to be honest, since they had made no mention
of paying me for my materials).  I just suggested that they look my copies
over and let me know which ones they wanted me to print for them.  They
said, "Well why not save yourself the trouble and just give us the
negatives?"  I picked my jaw up off the ground and suggested that I wanted
to keep the negs in controlled conditions (a sleeve in a binder in my
drawer)."

O M G, now THAT is an insult to ANY photographer.  To date, I have been
considering (because they have all been paying for their own
film/processing) my keeping the negs as my form of "payment" as I think that
they are my most necessary learning tool.  I can't say that I would have
been as polite as you in this situation, Bucky...you are to be commended for
having such self control!

fairy.