>Hey y'all! Just thought I'd introduce myself.
>
>My name is Jon, and I'm a Pentax enthusiast from North
>Carolina, USA. I got started with a K1000, and have
>recently aquired (super cheap) an A3000. My current
>selection of glass is as follows:
>
>SMC Pentax-A 50mm 1:2
>Sears 80mm-200mm 1:4
>Vivitar 24mm-48mm 1:3.8 (rarely used, wobbles and is
>clunky-huge!)
>
>I've been considering the SMC Pentax-A 35mm-70mm
>3.5-4.5 macro as my next lens purchase, partly to
>replace the Vivitar lens. Any thoughts about this
>lens, or suggestions for something better? What I want
>is something that'll do for most purposes, so I'm not
>constantly switching from one lens to another.
>
>As for what type of photography I do, I take pictures
>of whatever catches my eye, be it mountains, the sea,
>a road, or a critter of some variety. I don't have
>much online, tho I do have this shot of the Blue Ridge
>Parkway:
>http://jon.beigetower.org/photo.html
>
>Happy Pentax-ing. :)
>-Jon.

Hi Jon,

Cotty in England here, welcome aboard. It'll be maybe a tiny bit quieter
here for a few days this coming week as quite a few listers will be
turning up not a million miles from you to Grandfather Mountain.

I only have a couple of MXs and a few bits of glass left with Pentax
written on them, I went over to the dark digital side almost 2 years ago.

This is a really cool list and I'm sure you'll find it very stimulating.
Have a good time.

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__