William Robb wrote:

> > Would I be better off getting an assortment of primes
> > as opposed to 1 or 2 zooms? And which primes would be
> > best?
>
> Buying prime lenses is dangerous. You soon realize that you never
> actually have as many as you want/ need.
> This mailing list is a very bad place to be asking these questions,
> unless you have a rich uncle.
>
> Before PDML, 6 lenses.
> Present collection: 47 lenses

Hi Jon,

I agree with Bill about never having enough prime lenses, but I much prefer
them to zooms.

Before I joined PDML, I had two cameras and three lenses. My MF collection
now is bigger than that and I didn't have any MF equipment before I joined
:-)

What I have gained here can't be bought; the exchange of ideas here, seeing
others photographs and styles, have changed me from 'click and hope' to
someone who is thinking about what he wants to capture all the time. I still
have much to learn, but I'm having a lot of fun on the way too (both by with
what is seen and/or typed on this list and by actively enjoying photography
every time I pick up a camera).

Malcolm