Kevin Waterson wrote:

> On the contrary, I am buying up film bodies. I agree that market forces will be
> the demise of film. But I think film will survive, albeit on a smaller scale.
> Ilford are reporting an increase in sales of Black and White products. I think
> as the lemming consumers gobble up the latest fad-gadgets and digital P and S,
> the demand for film photographers will increase.

I'm sure film will survive too but not as a mass market medium, it can be
likened to the limited vinyl audio recordings which are being produced amongst
the sea of DC/DVD releases.

> Digital is in its infancy and there is still no solution for achiving
> digital.
> Perhaps when it reaches adultery we may see folks coming back to film, when they
> realise they have been duped into a 'better' solution.

This is the bit I don't buy. As far as I'm concerned there still isn't a viable
solution for archiving film (after over 100years). I have much more confidence
in the potential longevity of my digital archives.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998