From: graywolf [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2004 2:20 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Pentax is Dying?

The Mamiya 7II is the current model, the 7 was replaced by it about 3-4
years
ago. A 6x7 range finder camera with fabulous (by all reports) lenses. Yes it
is
expensive, ridiculously so in the US, but many people think the image
quality is
worth the money. Some think of it as a decendant of the Mamiya Press, but I
would call it more of a direct decendant of the Simon Omega Rapid,
Koni-Omega,
Rapid Omega 100 (made by Mamiya) line of cameras.

As for a real viewfinder..? Some think the 7II has the best
viewfinder/rangefinder ever made, even better the the Leica M series.

IIRC Rob Studdert uses these cameras. Have you replaced them with digital
yet, Rob?

--

--
graywolf