From: Dr. Shaun Canning [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2004 5:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Pentax is Dying?

Hah! The same way they dealt with power supply issues with the *ist
D....let the owners worry about it! Many other DSLR's come with
rechargeable batteries (or they are at least available for them), but
not the *ist D. This is a major let down IMHO. The ability to use of
AA's is great, but not so great when you need half a dozen sets of
batteries to keep the thing going.

There's another thread on this very topic I started yesterday regarrding
possible alternative methods of powering the *ist D.

Cheers

Shaun

Alan Chan wrote:

>> Lets not forget that the Pentax 645 system IS portable. In fact it
>> weights no more than comparable Nikon/Canon high-end slr systems. The
>> 645 is down right small compared to EOS-1Ds or similar! I'm sure
>> Pentax will make a 645 DSLR even smaller.
>

> Without the film transport mechanisms, it is quite possible. Don't
> know how they will deal with the power supply though.
>
> Alan Chan
> http://www.pbase.com/wlachan

> Free yourself from those irritating pop-up ads with MSn Premium. Get
> 2months FREE*

http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=htt
p://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines

Dr. Shaun Canning
P.O. Box 21,
Dampier, WA,
6714, Australia.