From: Tom C [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 1:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Film vs Digita, was: lRe: Pentax is Dying?

>From: "John C.  O'Connell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>4x5 is a far superior image quality SYSTEM, it is not because the
>lenses are better, actually some of them are worse than the P67 lenses,

>it is just that the film size is so big you don't need as much lens
>resolution to end up overall much sharper than P67. Add to that the
>fact that film grain is way less visible with the bigger negs and 4x5
>pretty much destroys p67 for landscape photography.
>
>I don't mean to sound harsh but your reply seems to be based on all the

>classic myths and sterotypes associated with LF by people who have
>never done any LF photography.
>
>JCO

You are correct... I have never done LF firsthand, or MF for that
matter.
Here's the thing... let's say my personal "Keeper shots/Shots taken
Ratio"
is 1/36, or approximately one per roll (yeah, if I'm lucky).  If I go
out
and shoot 100 frames of 35mm, I might come back with 3 keepers.  If I
were
to only take 20 images on an outing I could come back with nothing worth

keeping...  what % of your 4 x 5 shots are throwaway?

Tom C.