Autofocus works just fine for landscapes... more often so when focus is at infinity...

OK - here I'll argue a point just to hear myself...

Shooting a landscape with an SLR on a tripod is useful for the same reason as putting any camera on a tripod... stability... a more deliberate composition... works especialy well with a ballhead IMO.

Tom C.

From: "J. C. O'Connell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Film vs Digita, was: lRe: Pentax is Dying?
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 14:11:11 -0400

sure you CAN do landscape on a P67, but WHY?
LF is cheaper and better and lighter. Using
an SLR for landscape when the camera is fixed
on a tripod doesn't make much sense to me.
Of course you would use manual focus regardless
of format. Autofocus is for grab shots when you
are in a hurry or cant focus fast enough to action.
That is exact opposite of landscape photography.
JCO