Quoting Cotty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On 21/8/04, Ann Sanfedele, discombobulated, offered:
>
> >I haven't opened the SUB 2.0 Card
> >reader package yet - what is
> >the advantage, if any, of using that instead of
> >just pluggin into a port
> >directly?
>
> Annsan, if you use your camera a lot, you will find that plugging and
> unplugging can become tiresome. Also, plugging and unplugging leads is a
> weak point in any system. Wires will become brittle and susceptible to
> breaking over time. This may take years, but it does happen a lot. The
> connectors can get damaged or even fail altogether. I suspect that you
> will not see this happening to you unless you plug up several times a
> day, every day, for some time, but it is worth noting.

Plugging and unplugging the CF card from the camera must wear the CF connectors.
Are CF connectors more resilient than the mini USB ports?  I've heard a few
(rare) cases of people bending the pins on the connectors when changing cards.
Not necessarily on the *istD.

Wireless would be a nice way to do it.  Just put the camera close to your PC.
Built-in Bluetooth or WiFi chips wouldn't add much to the cost of a DSLR.
Quite battery hungry though.

Dan