Before my local "good" mini lab went out of business in June, he would develop and
print
for me a set
of proofs on colour paper just for viewing purposes(and aslo he did not have to change
papers etc for
one roll of film just for proofing). I got an idea which one(s)were good enough to
print
and got to see
some pretty funky colour patterns on the proofs.
Every now and again, one of the proofs had a really good sepia tone to it and i would
frame that one.
He also did not sell or received to print many C41 B&W films,but could work with them.
Mind you i have only shot 1/2 dozen rolls or so,so YMMV.

Also tried to do a conventional darkroom print,but found it lacked in contrast.Not a
bad
print,just mostly
grey and black not black and white.
It does seem to scan well though.