From: Malcolm Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 5:37 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Hyperthetical question regarding fungus.

Peter J. Alling wrote:

> It depends on the cost differential of course, as well as
> rarity.  After cleaning the lens will most likely never be the same.

After much deliberation, I have discounted lenses with fungus or any
need of repair, as possible acquisitions. Once again, I am most
interested in everyone's view of this.

I can't help also being nagged by the thought that if I had got one this
way, a mint example would appear shortly afterwards for a fair price.

Malcolm