> All relevant points! Has anyone had a lens sent away for repair in respect
> of fungal removal, and if so, was it successful? I am certainly not
> keen on infecting other equipment and would isolate such a lens.

Had a 85mm f2 'M' with light fungus, looked like spiders web. Cleaned by
camerarepairer (eBay ID) for £25, excellent service never had any problems
since, he also did an excellent job on a Refconverter A that was badly
infected. I'm looking at sending a 75mm 2.8 645 lens to him that I picked up
very reasonably priced, again light frungus.

Apparently it depends on the amount and type of fungi!

john