From: Gonz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 3:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Large Format vs. Digital/Stitching

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On 22 Sep 2004 at 10:12, J. C. O'Connell wrote:
>

>>PLANE OF FOCUS is not a geometry issue
>>and cant be corrected in software. Even
>>with the lens rotating on nodal point
>>you are going get to a curved or spherical
>>plane of focus with a shooting using a panning technique.
>

> Well then you better just notify everyone successfully using these
> techniques
> that it can't be done. :-)

Exactly, I have seen many examples that would not be able to be
duplicated in a single LF frame (the Gpixel example being one).   And
have yet to SEE an example of something taken in LF that could not be
duplicated with this technique, if not at least closely aproximated.
Some people will not be happy even if there is only a .00001% chance
that something might not be possible with a new technology.  Half empty
view if you ask me.