Well, in the car world there are:
Special Interest Cars --fairly new but are interesting,
Classic Cars --20+ years old,
Veteran Cars --30+, &
Vintage Cars --40+

Or at least those were the ages specified back in the 50's when that meant classics were from the 30's, Veterans the 20's, and Vintage the 10's or older. However they all truely had to be cars of special interest to qualify. Just being old was not enough.

In cameras I would kind of call fully manual usable mechanical cameras Classic and unusable (because the film was no longer available) cameras Vintage.

However on Ebay Classic, Vintage, or Collectable usually means "I want you to bid a lot for this".

--

Malcolm Smith wrote:

When I think of the word 'classic' in connection with cameras, I immediately
think of anything M42 or perhaps K2s & other early bayonette fitting
equipment. I was quite surprised in the 16.10.04 edition of Amateur
Photographer for an advert (pg5 for those interested) promoting their own
classified section to see a Canon D60 referred to as a classic digital
camera. They've only been out a few minutes in camera years! Should I look
forward to new classic in a box status, when buying a digital SLR? It's
taken film cameras years to be classics, but at this rate, my *ist D will be
one by, er, next year.

Malcolm

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com/graywolf.html