I'm an impatient person, and wasn't able to read all that Adams published
on the Zone System.  For some, myself included, it can be daunting.  But,
the basic premise is simple, and understanding the general principle is
really all that's needed to make a great improvement in our results,
especially when using roll film.  Thinking is a Good Thing ;-))

Shel