On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 07:47:07 -0700, Shel Belinkoff
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm an impatient person, and wasn't able to read all that Adams published
> on the Zone System.  For some, myself included, it can be daunting.  But,
> the basic premise is simple, and understanding the general principle is
> really all that's needed to make a great improvement in our results,
> especially when using roll film.  Thinking is a Good Thing ;-))
>
> Shel

Hi, Shel,

You e-mailed me off list, and I still haven't had a chance to answer
that.  But, since your e-mail was essentially what's being discussed
here, I'll ask you directly what Caveman brought up, since it may be
of interest to other list member still shooting black and white (all 6
of us <g>).

Since about 10 frames were of Ricky, and 26 were other, less
challenging situations, how can I expose for the shadows and cut back
developing time?  Won't that affect the other 26 frames that may
(note, I said ~may~  <vbg>) have been properly exposed?

I have to admit that, most likely, were I proficient with photoshop, I
could fix up the background somewhat.  Maybe I can fool around with
it, and see what I can do, or maybe someone wants to try it as a WOW,
then tell me what they did?

I know that doesn't really address the real problem, which is that I
exposed more or less properly, but didn't follow it up by telling my
lab how to deal with it.

Still, I await your advice re:  the rest of the roll.

thanks,
frank

Just curious...