Caleb wrote:

> > How much would I expect to pay for a decent darkroom setup? I would
> > only develop B/W
  ... and Tom answered:
> The main cost is your time. Decent equipment can be had for under $400
> if you're thrifty.  Check ebay to get an idea of the prices on enlargers,
> enlarging lenses, timers, and easels. Those are the big ticket items.

        To just develop (which is a very worthwhile part to do oneself) all
        you would really need as equipment is the daylight developing tank.
        All containers, timing, drying and such are easily improvised. A 2-reel
        tank and enough chems to get started could take as little as US$50.
        A Paterson two reel tank or similar and some developer, stop, fixer
        and hypoclearing agent.

        Dig out that Seattle Film Works you just couldn't
        bear to throw away and practice loading the reels!     ;^)

        Bill