I haven't messed around too much with different B&W photo papers, the
Polycontrast III does what I like so I use it.  It seems to have a lot of
punch when printed on with slightly overexposed negatives.  I have used
Ilford and don't care much for it, though I like the color of their cool
tone paper.  The Polymax RC paper is also a nice one, but I tend to stick
to what I know.... hmm... I should try some new papers.

Maybe someone else here can jump in and help you out with different papers
to try, I'm afraid not much help :|

Todd