English word pitch is used to denote pitching a tent, in other words camping...
(In this case urban camping).

Shel Belinkoff wrote:

Hi Mike,

She wasn't making a pitch at all. She wasn't asking anything from anyone. For whatever reason she just wanted to stretch out there and enjoy whatever
comfort she could take from that place at that time. She didn't even ask me
for anything, and we spoke for a while. As for her posing, well, that's
just how she was before she saw me and we spoke.

AFAIK, the check went out a while ago.  I'd been under the weather and
passed your last message off to my part time office assistant.  I'll look
further into the matter when Becky comes in on Tuesday.  Don't know why you
can't reach me off list.  Have you gotten a message of some sort from my
spam blocker?

Shel