Any photo can have a slant.

However, I will note that political posts work both ways. If we don't like Shel's "Down and Out in San Francisco" photos and comment on that, we are posting a political statement just as much as he is. That applies to everything else on the list as well. If we say no one should show cat photos, or talk about guns, we are trying to force our political agenda on the list. Usually very loudly.

I have always noticed that the "I don't want to hear it" side of politics seem to think it is alright for them to state that belief over and over. Most politics seem to come down to "There ought to be a law against 'YOU' doing that".

I have often thought lately that I should probably drop off the list because it has in many ways moved in a direction where I have little to offer (digital); and there seems to be more and more new who seem to want to impose their way on the list. But there are still lots of folks here who I feel are my friends, and it is a place to get away from my personal problems for a bit. So you guys are kind of stuck with me for a while.

And while I am thinking about it I have not gone off into an anti-censorship diatribe in quite a while. Maybe it is needed. There are dozens of conversations going on here at any time. If you don't like one, just stay out of it. You have no right telling someone else they can not talk about that. On the other hand we have no right to tell you not to express your side of any issue. Let's just agree to try and keep the pejorative comments out of it.

--

frank theriault wrote:

We either have to say that all photography is political or that none
of it is.  (Although I can't figure out how macros of caterpillars or
family snapshots may be political, but I'm working on it).

--
graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com

"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"