[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Did Pentax ever make a macro teleconverter?
I've been looking around on the web and the only one I've found is the Vivitar 2x.
Is that one good?
Why is there so few of these? It seems like they would be very handy.
thanks for your comments about the 200mm 2.5.
Francis

There were a few 2x macro teleconverters sold, I think that they were all made by the same
manufacturer and re-badged. I have the vivitar, (K mount version), it's very good. They
make a KA version and if I knew that when I'd bought mine I'd have held out for it. Other
than the mount they appear to be identical.

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke