We've got two Vivitar A macro TCs here; the one I use
typically gets slapped on a Kiron 105 macro or a K 135 to give
me a cheap long macro lens.  Works well enough that I
no longer feel the need for an expensive 200 macro.

Pentax, AFAIK, did not make a TC with variable extension.
Pentax DID make a variable extension tube, though, and you
can still buy it (as well as both tube sets, the 50mm tube,
and the 100mm tube) from B&H.

-Lon

Don Sanderson wrote:

I don't believe Pentax ever did.
I own 2 of the Vivitars, 1 M and 1 A version.
I'm quite pleased with both, before I owned true macro lenses
one of the Vivitars and an A 50/1.4 made a very nice 100mm
F2.8 macro.

Don