From: Jostein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: Re: 1000 images in 3 weeks !!

Quoting Fred Widall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I've changed from a sniper to a machine gunner......
>
> I think I need to slow down and concentrate on the photography,
> rather than the technology.
>
> Anyone else finding the same thing ???

Not sure.

Since late october last year my *istD has done about 4000 exposures. That's
about 70 shots per week...:-)

This year's output is higher than ever. I used to shoot about 100 films per
year, out of which about 60-70% was 645 format with 15 exposures per roll. That
is about 2000-2500 exposures per year.

However, I take most of my shots on dedicated photo trips. This year has seen
more trips than ever (much thanks to PDML members), and that may well account
for the increase in number of exposures.

What's more interesting is that the percentage of keepers has come up too. There
may be a lot of reasons for that, but I think the most important is the instant
review. Over the first half year I did a lot of chimping, and I think that's a
really good way of speeding up learning. Now I feel I know what to expect from
the camera, and the rear display is turned off all the time.

Another good thing about digital is the total control of the image from
recording to presentation. I think that inspires learning too.

Jostein

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet
http://www.peoplepc.com