On 26/12/04, Markus Maurer, discombobulated, unleashed:

(regarding Once Upon A Time In The West')

>some years ago I got the french film poster of "Il etait und fois dans
>l'ouest"
>in a red frame on a flee market ....., Film posters are quite hard to get
>here.

Coooool. Sounds good.

>The DVD must be great, are there any Extras or cutted scenes of the film on
>it?

I haven't watched it yet, but the film has been digitally re-mastered and
enhanced for 16:9 widescreen with hidden commentary tracks by various
bods like John Carpenter, John Milius and sundry film historians but
quite why I would want to listen to them droning on while watching a
classic I do not know! It also has another DVD with it a few of
documentaries and trailers and stills etc - will have a look through later.

>lovely Claudia Cardinale  ;-)

With you there one hundred percent.

I'm also a fan of John Ford and have The Searchers on DVD - it ties with
Once Upon A Time In The West for my all time favourite western. To give
you a bizarre taster into my favourite films - here's a short selection
on my shelf (in no particular order):

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Blade Runner
Doctor Strangelove