On Tue, 15 May 2001, tom wrote:

> Huh? You get 37 frames per long roll. I get 38 rarely, every once in a
> while 36.

Hi Tom!
I have never got 38 exposures (you are quite fortunate from that
sense). The maximum that I got is 37 quite often
and sometimes 36 but it surprised me a lot when I got 35.

> That's odd. I almost always get 37.
>
> Lets say your film was labeled 36, but was in fact 35. What would the
> EOS do? Would it assume there's an extra frame there and let you take a
> pic on the leader? Even if it could sense the leader was leaving the
> spool, you'd be awfully close to trying to take a picture on the part of
> the film that hangs out of the can.

As far as I think EOS allows you to take the shot as far as there is a
tension along the film plane. The moment the tension goes off, it rewinds
the small remaining portion inside the film cartridge.

Cheers,
Ayash Kanto.