Ayash Kanto wrote:

> > In all the MZ/ZX series cameras that PENTAX has manufactured, the
> > autoloading facility advances the film to frame1 as soon as the camera
> > back is closed. There are two disadvantages with this system.

> > 1. You loose two to three frames. I have always noticed that.

        :^)  just another example of over automation and too much
        technical brouhaha. I can load my Spotmatics in a dark room
        and start shooting as soon as the tongue of the film is once
        around the take-up spool! Even back in the days of the Super
        Program, dark forces were at work laying the foundations for
        this dilemma currently under discussion by deactivating the
        meter until a certain excess ammount of film had been wound on.

        disclaimer: due to another over mechanization, this doesn't
        work well if color film is processed in a color printing machine.
        Best to use Plus-X, Tri-X or Verichrome Pan and soup it yerself
        in a small daylight tank.

        m42 -( Forwrd into the Past! )- Bill