By doing this on my ME, Ricoh body, KX, and other manual wind bodies I
usually get about 40 frames on a roll of film.    But if you take the film
to a lab, you can't always count on them not exposing or cutting off frames
at the very beginning or end, so don't shoot anything important on them.
My ZX-M always wastes the first 2 frames, plus it will rewind and still
leave a frame occasionally.

Todd