On Tue, 15 May 2001, Bruce Dayton wrote:

> I have mixed feelings about the Canon system.  Certainly for those prone to
> open the back instead of wind the film back, it can be useful.  I have only
> opened the back accidentally once on my wife's ZX-10 because she told me
> that the film needed changing.  I mistakenly thought that she had shot the
> last frame and it had wound back.  I quickly closed the back and only lost
> about 3 frames.

Once, I also opened the back of my MZ-M by accident (I still don't know
why I opened the back door) and quickly closed it when I realized that a
film is sitting inside. As a result, I lost 2 frames. From then onwards, I
never committed the mistake of opening the back cover with the film
inside. It was a good lesson for me.

Cheers,
Ayash Kanto.