[EMAIL PROTECTED] mused:

> In a message dated 2/7/2005 11:48:09 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> Mission San Jose contact info:
> 43300 Mission Blvd
> Fremont, CA 94539
> 510-657-1797
> http://www.missionsofcalifornia.org/missions/mission14.html
>
> I still don't have a good handle on what's been restored for viewing. I did
> find a site with some photos for an idea.
> http://www.thecaliforniamissions.com/sanjos/sanjos
>
> Pat in SF
> =========
> I have finally found some decent shots of it. I will be posting them shortly.
> Evidently they do weddings in the chapel, so found some interior shots too.
>
> I also suggest the Egyptian Museum (Rosicrucian museum) as a backup,
> before/after lunch. Haven't researched where it is in relation to mission and
> when it
> is open, but it looks interesting.
>
> http://www.egyptianmuseum.org/
>
> Marnie aka Doe

The San Jose Mission doesn't look that great from what I can see in
the photographs I've found on the web.  I'll see if I can find out
anything about the Santa Clara Mission.

The grounds outside the Rosicrucian museum are a wonderful photo site;
I've been there a couple of times, and I'm sure that it looks splendid
now that spring is here.

Fairly close at hand is the San Jose history park (mildly interesting)
and the Japanese Friendship Garden - another wonderful photo location.

Quite honestly I'd suggest that those two or three locations are far
more likely to yield good photo opportunities than either mission.