I believe that the Image::Magik module for Perl allows manipulation of jpg attributes, and maybe more. If you all feel up to the challenge of installing Perl, the Image::Magik module, and running a Perl script, I'll volunteer to look into writing a script that will handle batch processing of image attributes. ....that is, unless someone knows of a batch processing tool already in existance that can handle manipulation of image attributes.

Dave

Michael Heim wrote:
The funny, nasty and sad thing is: As always, we have two different
standards or ways to put some information into a picture file.

1) IPTC. There's the press' industry standard to write file information.
BUT: You need special Software to write it. Photoshop can do, most other
Graphic Programs can't. And even Photoshop can't batch the process, to
write in a lot of files at a time. So you need special Software wich you
have to pay for or run an extended hacker's search in the web...

2) Normal JPG-Attributes with the same information (for example the
Author of a File or it's content). You can write just by opening the
files Properties in explorer and filling out the input fields. But as
above, there's no batch process. Bob described a way but i didn't manage
to follow his instructions. But even if it worked...

Now we don't know wich way to go. Professionals love IPTC. Some
electronic photo archives automatically read the IPTC-Information. But
every normal Citizen (and Netizen) can't read these informations. Those
people would like to have the standard File Properties.

Michael