On 12 Mar 2005 at 14:23, Rob Studdert wrote:

> OK we've now got quite a few DSLR owners on board with a bit of use behind
> them,
> how about a quick informal usage survey?

OK :-)

Yeah it's weird, I'm answering my own post but it's the only way to keep it
neat :-p

> For those DSLR users with 35mm gear who thought before buying their DSLR that
> their 35mm film usage would:
>
>  Remain the same?
>  Be halved?
>  Become occasional?
>  Become specific (i.e. B&W only or high ISO or slide only)?
>  Cease all together?

Become specific, B&W and some high ISO work

> Did your subsequent actual film use match your prior expectations?

Nope, I've forced myself to load up my 35mm film cameras but it takes me months
to shoot a whole film and I usually shoot the same scenes with my DSLR. The
*ist D has exceeded my expectations WRT high ISO shooting and has proved to be
far better for me than using film in low light situations. I'm pretty much
using film now only in my MF kit.

> For users who had Pentax SLRs prior to purchasing a Pentax DSLR did you end up
> buying one or more new lenses specifically to suite the DSLR?

One used A24mm, fortunately I had a good usable array of WA so I didn't need to
buy a new ultra-wide.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998