On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:09:16 +1100, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is an MV something an enthusiast wants to be using?

> This email was sent from Netspace Webmail: http://www.netspace.net.au

I'm not sure what you mean by that question, but the MV is a cute
little camera.  It does it's job.  I used to own one, and it actually
did a pretty good job of getting the exposure right most of the time.

It doesn't tell you what the shutter speed is (but you can figure it
out), and there's absolutely no manual over-ride, and it's kind of
plasticky (but not that noticeable, really), but for what it is, and
how much they usually cost, it makes a good camera to (for instance)
keep in your car's glove-box, so you always have a camera with you,
it's a good camera to take (for instance) rock-climbing, as you won't
feel to bad if it tumbles 500 feet down a shear cliff (you'll mourn
the lens more than the camera), it's a good back-up body, it's
something you'd take into an area where you don't mind losing it or
having it stolen or damaged.

It's about the cheapest way you can use a k-mount lens.

Buy an M 2.0 50mm (about the cheapest lens out there - check out the
eBay prices - and surprisingly fine quality), stick it on, and you
have about $25 US worth of equipment that will take damn good photos
in most conditions.

As far as whether an enthusiast wants to be using it, well, it seems
to me that an enthusiast uses whatever the heck they want to.  If one
is insecure about "what to use", well, photography is the wrong thing
to be in.  You'll end up with $50,000 worth of Canon digital stuff,
and still not be happy.

cheers,
frank