I have always thought one of those soft nylon 6 pack coolers would be a good
way to store a camera in the car. Insulated, cheap, doesn't look worth stealing.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"

Godfrey Digiorgi wrote:
Sure - why not?  Cars overheat because they're mobile greenhouses.
But the glove box isn't open to the interior of the car, so the heat
would have to get into the glovebox somehow.  The door is usually
made of something that's quit a good insulator, and the interior
lining of the glovebox is generally plastic - a poor conductor.

In a lot of older cars, the glovebox is in the dash and the dash is heated directly by the sun through the windshield. Not a good situation. In my Freelander, the lower storage compartments in the dash are well away from heat so I sometimes leave a pocket camera or iPod in them. More normally, however, the camera always goes in and out of the car with me.

Godfrey