On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:02:32 +0000 (GMT), Kostas Kavoussanakis
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, frank theriault wrote:
>
> > how much they usually cost, it makes a good camera to (for instance)
> > keep in your car's glove-box, so you always have a camera with you,
>
> Even out here iun Scotland I cannot help thinking that this won't
> really work, as cars are known to overheat. But as it's not the first
> time I read this, I thought I would ask if people really do that.
>
> Kostas

I don't own a car, but when I did, I wouldn't leave a camera in the
glove compartment.  I only mentioned it because I've seen others say
that's where they left their camera, and given the compact size of the
glove box, it sort of emphasizes the portability of smallish cameras
like the M bodies.  The trunk always seemed a more secure place to me,
and on hot, sunny summer days, it wouldn't likely get as hot as the
passenger compartment.

If the camera was in the passenger compartment, it was on the seat
next to me.  If I left the car, it went in the trunk (or, more likely,
with me).

cheers,
frank