>Sure - why not?  Cars overheat because they're mobile greenhouses.
>But the glove box isn't open to the interior of the car, so the heat
>would have to get into the glovebox somehow.  The door is usually
>made of something that's quit a good insulator, and the interior
>lining of the glovebox is generally plastic - a poor conductor.

In a lot of older cars, the glovebox is in the dash and the dash is heated
directly by the sun through the windshield. Not a good situation. In my
Freelander, the lower storage compartments in the dash are well away from heat
so I sometimes leave a pocket camera or iPod in them. More normally, however,
the camera always goes in and out of the car with me.

Godfrey