"get a MINI; the glovebox has A/C."

Yeah, so what do you do when the engine isn't running? ie - no A/C

Kenneth Waller

-----Original Message-----
From: John Francis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Mar 23, 2005 12:48 PM
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Car Glove Box [Was Re: Pentax MV - Good or bad?]

Kostas Kavoussanakis mused:

> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, frank theriault wrote:
>
> > how much they usually cost, it makes a good camera to (for instance)
> > keep in your car's glove-box, so you always have a camera with you,
>
> Even out here iun Scotland I cannot help thinking that this won't
> really work, as cars are known to overheat. But as it's not the first
> time I read this, I thought I would ask if people really do that.

Sure - why not?  Cars overheat because they're mobile greenhouses.
But the glove box isn't open to the interior of the car, so the heat
would have to get into the glovebox somehow.  The door is usually
made of something that's quit a good insulator, and the interior
lining of the glovebox is generally plastic - a poor conductor.

If you're really worried, get a MINI; the glovebox has A/C.

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet
http://www.peoplepc.com