Delightfully British automobile. Morgan came out with a 3 wheel car in about 1910 had a V-Twin motorcycle engine mounted crosswise in front of the radiator between the front wheels. They produced that same basic car until well into the 1950's. Do to British tax laws it was concidered a motorcycle and taxed lower than a motorcar. In I believe it was 1936 they decided to produce a 4 wheel car which looked a lot like a 1934 Ford, if Ford had made a british style sports car. They called it a Plus 4. It still had the same frame and strange front suspension as the 3 wheeler, designed remember in 1910. Over the years there have been slight styling changes and a series of different engines used in them. the Plus-8 being the Rover built Oldsmobile aluminum V-8. So they are still hand-made 1930's automobiles with a modern drive train. They are expensive, hard riding, leaky, immensely impractical, but fun to drive . They only build a few hundred a year, and they sell like hotcakes to re
tro-enthusists.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"
-----------------------------------

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Quoting Graywolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

As for Morgans, I probably know more about them than most people who own
them. I was fasinated buy them (both the 3-wheelers, and the 4-wheelers)
when I was younger. I liked the flat grill +4 of the 50's best.

Until this thread, I'd never heard of Morgan automobiles.
Any relation to the horse, do you know?

:-D

ERNR
learning something new every week, at least