US$600 (AU$770) isn't expensive Marnie. At work we have a piece of
software that cost about AU$15000 (and that was the cheaper
alternative, the full on software was about AU$100 000).

The thing to remember is that PS CS2 is aimed at commercial users who
can recover the cost in a few hours work.  But for private use it's a
bit of an indulgence.

Dave