Toralf Lund started another poll:

I though I might make this one look like another little survey, since they
seem to be the fashion around here these days... I was just wondering, in
relation to that other post of mine regarding macro lenses, how exactly
people here prefer do to the focusing when doing macro work. Notably, who
uses autofocus and how well does it work?

To give you a more complete answer:I do some different things with macro
work and my focusingtechnique depends on what equipment I'm using:bellows:
focused with the rail attached to the bellows200mm macro with or without
tubes and teleconverters on tripod:focused using the lens50mm lens reversed
on 200mm lens: focusing rail100mm macro with or without tubes: focused using
lensI will occasionally shoot hand held with flash attached.At those times,
I focus by moving the camera.Tom Reese