William Robb wrote:

I finally managed to get out with the 600 and do some shooting.
This les is a challenge to shoot with, to be sure.

I would think so!
What was the camera attached to it?
With a 35mm camera, you're talking about a 12X magnification.
Try hand holding a 12X telescope sometime, and see how much you wiggle around! A monopod helps, but a tripod is almost mandatory, I'd think. Did you use a tripod?

Anyone using long lenses (Ken, Tom!!!) any tips or advice for using one of these beasties would be appreciated.

Anyway, a couple of my less embarrasing atempts with the big gun are here....
http://users.accesscomm.ca/wrobb/pictures/peso/wingedrats1.html
http://users.accesscomm.ca/wrobb/pictures/peso/wingedrats2.html

William Robb

Those are great shots, Bill!