yes it does but if you don't do the full analysis
either then this particular aspect of the issue
is just plain unknown and it limits your argument too
and should be set aside. It doesn't limit my argument any more than
it limits your or anyone elses opposing viewpoint
if its an unknown now does it?

Regarding millions of lenses I think that it's often
forgotten that SLRS used to be much more popular mainstream photo
items before the advent of advanced P&S cameras that followed
them in the 80's. So back in the K/M era which was ALL THEY MADE
from 1975 thru 1983 not only were there many more lens
buyers, at that time PENTAX had much more market share too.
(years earlier PENTAX made the most popular SLR in the world
the spotmatic, boy times have changed)
the pentax M cameras in particular were very popular cameras...
Those two factors combine to mean that millions of K/M lenses
were made and sold during those years. I made the statement
before that no one questioned which totally surprised me but
I wouldn't be surprised if there are MORE K/M lenses
in existance than ALL OTHER LATER SERIES COMBINED because
by the time A/F/ and FA lenses came out SLR popularity had
waned substatially in general and at the same time PENTAX
lost a lot of market share on top of that. The A lenses
are far rarer than K/M lenses and in my experience
so are the rest. Both Minolta and canon had AF well before
Pentax did and that may have a major reason why
pentax lost market share, I don't know, but that's why I said
 millions of K/M lenses.....Now if anybody wants to argue
that matter BRING IT ON because I would love to see some
real production data or more info on it but I do know
what my long time experiences have told me and that's that there
are a lot more of K/M lenses in general compared to the other series...

JCO