Resolution is not the only thing. Check out the link I posted previously. The Imacon scan was done at 3600ppi and the drum scan at 2400ppi. The drum scan was indubitably better even on the monitor at reduced size.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~diax/pages/mamiya_boot_scan_compare.html#

so folks won't have to look up the post.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"