Hi,

this assumes that most camera users are white, which is a highly
dubious assumption given that most people are not white. It would be
commercial suicide to base meter calibration on any particular skin
colour. If it's true that white skin is about 13% then I'd suggest
it's probably coincidence. I've just metered by own skin - typically
N. European with a slight suntan - and compared it against an 18% grey
card. No appreciable difference.

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]