> > They don't need to worry about exposure with color negative film. There's
> > enough latitude that a three stop miss will still give usable results.
>
> They are pros. They are supposed to be giving better than usable
> results.....
> If you are out by three stops photographing a wedding, you are going to have
> a hell of a time giving good flesh tones and keeping either the dress from
> blowing out, or the tux from turning into mud, btw.

I have a friend who's been making his living as a wedding and portrait
photographer for the last 20 years and did it part time for the previous 20. He
never takes an exposure reading. I know there's a lot of skill involved but the
film latitude still saves his butt on occasion.

The old bright sun, cloudy bright, heavy overcast settings are good enough for
color negative film most of the time.

Tom Reese